Proactively assist in maintaining occupancy levels of skilled nursing facility at goals established by the facility Administrator. Obtain required information and admit residents in a positive and efficient manner. Assist in the Marketing and Public Relations programs of EdenHill Communities.
The Admissions Coordinator is delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out the assigned duties to assure accurate information is obtained and recorded. Responsible for the accuracy of all information pertinent to the admissions process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responds timely to inquires from hospitals and other sources regarding admissions requirements and bed availability
• Discusses and educates prospective residents/responsible parties about appropriate clinical, and financial requirements; provides tours of facility.
• Follows sales/presentation model for differentiating and selling EdenHill Communities’ services to families, residents, and referral sources.
• Enters admissions and inquiry data information in computer accurately and properly, periodically producing reports from the system software for administration.
• Uses available resources to confirm insurance coverage, Medicare available days, and other payor sources information, as needed.
• Coordinates patient information with Clinical Liaison.
• Obtains the required permissions, releases, authorizations and signatures on all documents in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures a smooth admission process through communication with appropriate departments and that all paperwork is complete in a timely manner.
• Emphasizes the importance of financial arrangements and responsibilities to the responsible party. Provides written clarification of resident/responsible party’s financial responsibilities/resources and introduces to Business Office.
• Performs final quality check on every admission for completeness and accuracy.
• Informs all departments of incoming resident’s name, room assignments, etc via interoffice email or other available resources.
• Chairs the daily Admissions Meeting to inform facility personnel updates on referrals, admissions, bed assignments; and all coordination necessary to admit residents.
• Shall maintain a cell phone reasonably needed in connection with the responsibilities of this position.
• Must consistently display and model the EdenHill Spirit hospitality behavior models.
• Develops and maintains a good working relationship with discharge planners, physicians, and other referral sources
• Attends sales functions, networking and community events as appropriate.
• Selects and trains competent back-up staff for coverage during time/days off and trains weekend duty staff to handle inquiries, tours, and admissions
• Maintains Admissions Procedure book so other designees may perform tasks in absence of Admissions Coordinator.
• Tracks inquiries, admissions, discharges, and deaths and reports the information each month to the appropriate groups.
• Maintains all documentation and reports and turns in expense reports at least monthly
• Attends all required meetings and coordinates work of Marketing Department with other departments
• Adheres to facility standards for resolving customer concerns and confirms any changes or questions regarding resident payor sources.
Licenses: LVN License (Preferred)
Work Location: One Location
Monday-Friday with weekend on-call (Rotating)
To apply for this position click here: Application.