EdenHill Communities is a faith-based, not for profit senior living community located in beautiful New Braunfels, Texas. Our 26 acre campus, located between two rivers in the Hill Country of Texas, offers exceptional customer service and culture, which sets us apart from other facilities. If you have a passion for serving seniors, you might make an excellent addition to our EdenHill family.
Night Shift: 11pm – 7am / Full-Time
AL Attendant/Nursing Assistant or Certified CNA for Assisted Living Facility
Will provide on the job training!!!!
Opportunity to be a part of free Certified Nurse Aide training and certification program with favorable employment.
To meet daily needs of residents and provide a safe environment for residents at EdenHill Communities, under the direction of the Assisted Living Director, by performing the following duties.
AL Attendant/Nursing Assistant or CNA Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist residents to meet daily needs while providing a safe environment and ensuring the dignity and well-being of residents.
- Assist with orientation of new residents to Assisted Living.
- Maintain security at all times, asking unknown individuals if you may assist them.
- Participate in all disaster drills.
- Change linens and towels regularly; straighten room and make resident’s bed ensuring that all residents’ rooms look neat and clean.
- Assist activities incorporating EdenHill Communities Activities and Assisted Living Activities.
- Report pertinent resident information to manager.
- Ensure all call lights are in reach of residents and answers call lights within 5 minutes.
- Remove all safety hazards immediately unless to do so would cause injury to employee or resident. Report all hazards found and status. i.e., removed or not removed to the manager.
- Complete incident/accident forms if supervisory staff is unavailable. Staff should be able to render first aid in the event of cuts and scrapes. If the manager is not on duty, a nurse should be called for advice in serious situations. If a resident fall, the center staff should call a nurse, to have resident checked for injuries prior to getting them up.
- Incident/Accident forms should be followed up by calling the doctor, responsible family member, and manager. A 24-hour follow-up is required on all incident/accident forms.
- Bathe, dress, and undress residents who need help, and assist with other tasks including, but not limited to, shaving, nails, hair, etc… Note: Diabetic residents are an exception for cutting of nails.
- Remove soiled clothing to dirty linen room daily
- Serve in the Dining Room. Offer substitute if resident doesn’t eat.
- Help residents with their diet slips – do not fill them out.
- Ensure resident’s clothing is marked and name is legible.
- Complete all appropriate forms according to EdenHill Communities’ policies and procedures.
- Charge residents for any stickered supplies used.
- Must consistently display and model the EdenHill Spirit hospitality behavior models.
EdenHill Communities also offers a full benefit package that includes:
- Generous PTO program that allows you to roll over your time each year
- PTO program that allows cash out options
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance Policy and supplemental life insurance available for self and family
- Cancer and accident insurance
- 401K with matching employer contributions
To apply for this position click here: Application.