EdenHill Communities is a faith-based, not-for-profit senior living community located in Beautiful New Braunfels Texas. We focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of our residents. We strive to provide our residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. If you have a passion for serving senior citizens, you might make an excellent addition to our family.
We are currently seeking a motivated RN or LVN Charge Nurse – PRN to join our team with either Dementia care experience or Medicare experience. Join our team!
Summary: Provides general nursing care to residents on the Heritage Assisted Living EdenHill Communities
- PRN (preferably 1-2 weekends/month)
- 9am – 5:30pm (day shift)
AL Charge Nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Oversees the administration of medications. Responsible for the delegation of medication reordering and documentation of new orders in the medication administration records.
- Manages all lab work as needed. Keeps in contact with the lab for standing orders, as well as standing orders. Maintains lab records in the chart.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies Manager or Physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents. Communicates these changes with families as needed.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
Education and/or Experience: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse
To apply for this position click here: Application.