EdenHill Communities is a faith based, not for profit senior living community located in Beautiful New Braunfels Texas. We focus on people, Our residents, Their lives, Their health, and Their families. We are committed to providing compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. We focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of our residents. Our aim is to care for every resident the way we would our family members. We strive to provide our residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. If you have a passion for serving senior citizens, you might make an excellent addition to our EdenHill family.
We are currently seeking motivated Nurses to join our team with either Dementia care experience or Medicare experience. Charge nurses work 12-hour shifts.
Full-Time or PRN:
7AM – 7PM (Day shift)
7PM – 7AM (Night shift)
Provides general nursing care to residents at EdenHill Communities by performing the following duties.
Charge Nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of residents.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of residents.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of resident.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned residents.
- Makes beds, bathes and feeds residents.
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
- Must consistently display and model the EdenHill Spirit hospitality behavior models.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse
To apply for this position click here: Application.