EdenHill Communities is a faith based, not for profit senior living community located in Beautiful New Braunfels Texas. We focus on people, Our residents, Their lives, Their health, and Their families. We are committed to providing compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. We focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of our residents. Our aim is to care for every resident the way we would our family members. We strive to provide our residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. If you have a passion for serving senior citizens, you might make an excellent addition to our EdenHill family.
We are currently seeking motivated Nurses to join our team with either Dementia care experience or Medicare experience. Charge nurses work 12-hour shifts.
Full-Time or PRN:
7AM – 7PM (Day shift)
7PM – 7AM (Night shift)
Provides general nursing care to residents at EdenHill Communities by performing the following duties.
Charge Nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of residents.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of residents.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of resident.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned residents.
- Makes beds, bathes and feeds residents.
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
- Must consistently display and model the EdenHill Spirit hospitality behavior models.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Directly supervises up to ten non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical, Quality, Problem Solving
- Customer Service, Safety and Security, Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication, Attendance/Punctuality, Teamwork
- Diversity, Initiative, Ethics
- Organizational Support, Adaptability, Strategic Thinking
- Judgment, Dependability, Motivation
- Planning/Organizing, Quantity, Professionalism
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
EdenHill Communities also offers a full benefit package that includes:
- Generous PTO program that allows you to roll over your time each year
- PTO program that allows cash out options
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance Policy and supplemental life insurance available for self and family
- Cancer and accident insurance
- 401K with matching employer contributions
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com