Hours: All Shifts FT, 8 hr / 12 hr
The CNA cares for residents in at EdenHill Communities, under the direction of nursing and medical staff, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists residents to meet daily needs while providing a safe environment and ensuring the dignity and well being of residents.
- Answers call lights, bells, or intercom system within 5 minutes to determine residents’ needs.
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses residents, and assists with other tasks including, but not limited to, shaving, nails, hair, etc… Note: Diabetic residents are an exception for cutting of nails.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds residents requiring help.
- Transports residents or assists residents to walk.
- Drapes residents for examinations and treatments, and remains with residents to perform such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
- Turns and repositions bedfast residents, alone or with assistance, at least every two hours or as needed
- Changes bed linens, runs errands, accompanies residents on Dr.’s visits, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- Assists with toileting or incontinent care at least every 2 hours or as needed.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, food and fluid intake and output, and records accurate level of assistance provided to residents as directed.
- Provides exceptional Customer Service to residents, co-workers, family members, and visitors at all times.
- Cleans and sterilizes resident equipment after use for return to Central Supply.
- Cleans residents’ wheelchair throughout their stay or upon discharge from facility as needed.
- Ensure residents’ rooms looks neat and clean.
- Reports pertinent resident information to charge nurse.
- Assist residents in getting to and from activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Completion of Certified Nurse Aide Course and passing of the Texas State exam.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must obtain and maintain criteria established by the Texas Department of Human Services regarding certification.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://edenhill.org/application-general/ →