EdenHill Communities is a faith-based, not for profit senior living community located in beautiful New Braunfels, Texas. Our 20 acre campus, located between two rivers in the Hill Country of Texas, offers exceptional customer service and culture, which sets us apart from other facilities. If you have a passion for serving seniors, you might make an excellent addition to our family.
We are currently looking for Full-time Custodian / EVS Technician to join our team.
- Rotational shifts
- 7:00am – 3:30pm or 8:00am – 4:30pm
- 2:00pm – 10:30pm
Transports all trash to dumpster for disposal, transports all soiled linen to the laundry and maintains a clean and sanitary environment for residents and staff of EdenHill Communities. Provides and maintains a clean and sanitary environment by ensuring all floor surfaces are maintained in a manner that supports EdenHill Communities’ vision and mission.
Custodial / EVS Technician Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Making sure that dirty linens are to be covered at all times.
- All trash, even in plastic bags, is to be covered at all times.
- Clean mechanical areas behind dryers weekly.
- Clean washer drain pits and lint screens at least once daily – more often if needed.
- Be able to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
- Follow established safety precautions.
- Perform proper techniques of floor care and preparation of areas to be cleaned, buffed, stripped or waxed, as well as carpet cleaning.
- Must be able to operate and maintain all floor cleaning/finishing equipment to include, but not limited to, floor buffer/burnishes, water extraction machine, and carpet cleaning equipment.
- Follow established safety precautions for cleaning and maintaining all areas of the facility.
- Prepare all set-ups with tables, chairs, and tablecloths as directed by set-up diagram.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor or the Director of Environmental Services.
- Must consistently display and model the EdenHill Spirit hospitality behavior models.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality, Problem Solving, Professionalism
- Customer Service, Safety and Security, Motivation
- Oral Communication, Attendance/Punctuality, Teamwork
- Initiative, Ethics, Quantity
- Judgment, Dependability, Planning/Organizing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Be able to read and write the English language. Have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
No skills needed.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
Prior job-related experience is preferred but not required. Be 18 years or older.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EdenHill Communities also offers a full benefit package that includes:
- Generous PTO program that allows you to roll over your time each year
- PTO program that allows cash out options
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance Policy and supplemental life insurance available for self and family
- Cancer and accident insurance
- 401K with matching employer contributions
To apply for this position click here: Application.