EdenHill Communities is a faith-based, not for profit senior living community located in beautiful New Braunfels, Texas. Our 26 acre campus, located between two rivers in the Hill Country of Texas, offers exceptional customer service and culture, which sets us apart from other facilities. If you have a passion for serving seniors, you might make an excellent addition to our EdenHill family.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time Dietary Aide to join our team. In return for your expertise, you will enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading in the senior healthcare industry.
EdenHill Communities also offers a full benefit package that includes:
- Generous PTO program that allows you to roll over your time each year
- PTO program that allows cash out options
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance Policy and supplemental life insurance available for self and family
- Cancer and accident insurance
- 401K with matching employer contributions
Starting wages for Dietary Aide are $10.00 to $11.00 (based on experience)
Shifts and weekends are rotational:
- 6:00am to 2:30pm
- 11:00am to 7:30pm
Prepares and delivers food trays to EdenHill residents by performing the following duties.
Join our family by helping serve our elderly community in conjunction with a nursing staff. Prep and short order cooking. Reading meal tickets and plating food. Kitchen related duties. Have a positive attitude with a spirit of hospitality. Physically be able to lift and/or push heavy objects of at least 50 lbs. Must stand and walk for your shift as well as at times stoop, bend and climb a ladder.
Dietary Aide Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production orders on color coded menu cards on trays to determine items to place on tray.
- Places items such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments on trays.
- Prepares food items such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages.
- Places servings in blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets.
- Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card.
- Examines filled tray for completeness and places on cart, dumbwaiter, or conveyor belt.
- Pushes carts to halls or ward kitchen.
- Serves food to residents.
- Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen.
- Washes dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- Records amount and types of special food items served to residents.
- Must consistently display and model the EdenHill Spirit hospitality behavior models.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service / Interpersonal Skills / Oral Communication
- Written Communication / Teamwork / Diversity
- Ethics / Organizational Support / Judgment
- Motivation / Planning/Organizing / Professionalism
- Quality / Quantity / Safety and Security
- Adaptability / Attendance/Punctuality / Dependability
- Initiative / Innovation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, residents, and other employees of EdenHill Communities.
Must have the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to read and write in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org