EdenHill Communities is a faith-based, not for profit senior living community located in beautiful New Braunfels, Texas. Our 26 acre campus, located between two rivers in the Hill Country of Texas, offers exceptional customer service and culture, which sets us apart from other facilities. If you have a passion for serving seniors, you might make an excellent addition to our EdenHill family.
Job Type: Full-Time – 5 Days per Week with Rotating Weekends
We are currently looking for Full-time Laundry Attendant to join our team.
Laundry Attendant Day Shifts:
- 7:00AM – 3:30PM or
- 8:00AM – 4:30PM
EdenHill Communities also offers a generous full benefit package to Full-time employees that includes:
- Generous PTO program that allows you to roll over your time each year
- PTO program that allows cash out options
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance Policy and supplemental life insurance available for self and family
- Cancer and accident insurance
- 401K with matching employer contributions
Summary To assist in the laundry section with the washing, drying, sorting, folding, transporting, and distribution of all linens and resident clothes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be able to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
- Making sure that all linens and resident’s clothes are to be covered at all times during transportation.
- Treat clothes and linens with stain remover and rubs with sponge or brush to remove spots or stains. Places clothes and linens in correct machine and sets automatic controls on machines to handle cleaning task.
- Removes clothes from equipment.
- Use accepted techniques of folding linens and resident clothes for delivery to residents.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand the need and the use of infection control techniques
- Use protective equipment when working with soiled linens and possess the ability to learn the procedures for processing isolation linens.
- Must consistently display and model the EdenHill Spirit hospitality behavior models.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality / Problem Solving / Professionalism
- Customer Service / Safety and Security / Motivation
- Oral Communication / Attendance/Punctuality / Teamwork
- Initiative / Ethics / Quantity
- Judgment / Dependability / Planning/Organizing
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills Be able to read and write and understand the English language. Have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to “resident or resident’s families” and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills No skills needed.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities Prior job related experience is preferred but not required. Be 18 years or older.
Other Qualifications Work in a team environment or alone if necessary.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org