EdenHill Communities is a faith based, not for profit senior living community located in Beautiful New Braunfels Texas. We focus on people, Our residents, Their lives, Their health, and Their families. We are committed to providing compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. Our aim is to care for every resident the way we would our family members. We strive to provide our residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. If you have a passion for serving senior citizens, you might make an excellent addition to our EdenHill family.
We are looking to grow our team with a Part-time Social Worker who shares our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our residents.
- 24-hours per week
Summary: Coordinates and directs the day-to-day operations of the Social Services Department, to include: resident advocacy, counseling and aiding individuals and families requiring assistance, and maintaining adequate social service documentation as required by licensure.
Social Worker Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interviews clients with problems such as personal and family adjustments, finances, employment, food, clothing, housing, and physical and mental impairments to determine nature and degree of problem.
- Secures information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to client’s situation, and evaluates these and client’s capacities.
- Counsels client individually, in family, or in other small groups regarding plans for meeting needs, and aids client to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve social functioning.
- Helps client to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of self, personal problems, and client’s part in creating them.
- Refers clients to community resources and other organizations.
- Compiles records and prepares reports.
- Reviews service plan and performs follow-up to determine quantity and quality of service provided client and status of client’s case.
- Accesses and records client and community resource information.
- Secures supplementary information such as employment, medical records, or school reports.
Education and/or Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (Masters Degree preferred) from an approved school of Social Services and be licensed by the State of Texas.
- Two years or more experience in the field of Long-Term Care.
To apply for this position click here: Application.