EdenHill Communities is a faith based, not for profit senior living community located in Beautiful New Braunfels Texas. We focus on people, Our residents, Their lives, Their health, and Their families. We are committed to providing compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. We focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of our residents. Our aim is to care for every resident the way we would our family members. We strive to provide our residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. If you have a passion for serving senior citizens, you might make an excellent addition to our EdenHill family.
Job type: Full-Time:
- Day Shift (6am-2pm)
Med Aide or Med Nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms or records.
- Presents medication to resident and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication.
- Takes vital signs or observes resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
- Gives direct resident care that falls within the CNA job description, and assists Charge Nurse in examinations and treatments as needed.
- Receives supply of ordered medications and apportions, mixes, or assembles drugs for administration to resident.
- Records and restocks medication inventories.
- Assists residents to meet daily needs while providing a safe environment and ensuring the dignity and well-being of residents.
- Answers call lights, bells, or intercom system within 5 minutes to determine residents’ needs.
- Reports pertinent residents’ information to charge nurse.
- Mustconsistently display and model the EdenHill Spirit hospitality behavior models.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical, Planning/Organizing, Problem Solving,
- Customer Service, Professionalism Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication,
- Quality, Teamwork, Organizational Support,
- Strategic Thinking, Adaptability, Judgment,
- Motivation, Quantity, Attendance/Punctuality,
- Dependability, Initiative
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Completion of Certified Nurse Aide Course and passing of Texas State test, as well as the Medication Aide Certification test for Texas.
EdenHill Communities also offers a full benefit package that includes:
- Generous PTO program that allows you to roll over your time each year
- PTO program that allows cash out options
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance Policy and supplemental life insurance available for self and family
- Cancer and accident insurance
- 401K with matching employer contributions
To apply for this position click here: Application.