Are you searching for answers?
Do you or a loved one have memory care concerns?
You’re Invited to EdenHill Communities’ Alzheimer’s Symposium
A leader among Memory Care providers in Central Texas, EdenHill Communities serves as the go-to educational resource center, offering support and education to individuals with memory loss and caregivers throughout the community.
Join us for EdenHill Communities’ Second Annual Alzheimer’s Symposium on October 22, 2020. This free event will be held in person and virtually. Alzheimer's Symposium is an educational gathering where you will gain valuable insights and support from an expert team of memory care specialists.
Whether you're attending in person or tuning in virtually, you'll find connection, compassion, and community.
Event Safe Practices Plan
- Socially Distanced
- Limited In Person Attendees
- Virtual Option Available
- Masks are Mandatory
- Temperature Screening at Door
- Sanitizing Stations Throughout Event
- Individual Lunches Provided
This Year’s Speakers Include:
Taming Your Stressed Mind - Keeping it Fit and Focused (even during a pandemic)
Meredith Patterson, RN, BSN, CRRN
Consultant, Author, Speaker
Meredith is a registered nurse with over 25 years of experience in a variety of settings. Learn how the brain reacts to periods of stress and anxiety and how to "keep your head together" during a time of crisis. The class will explore means of protecting and calming an overactive mind without sacrificing clarity and focus.
Understanding Alzheimer’s and Other Dementing Illnesses
Dr. Mark Burns, Geriatric Psychiatry
Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry, UT Health, San Antonio
Consulting Physician, EdenHill Communities
Dr. Mark Burns, Board Certified Geriatric Psychiatrist, will help break down these illnesses into understandable categories. Learn the signs and symptoms of dementia, causes and risk factors, various assessment tools, a general overview of the disease process, as well as strategies to reduce your risk.
COVID-19 & Caregiving
Dianne M. Teran, LMSW
Program Manager, Alzheimer's Association, SASTX Chapter
Dianne has worked in the field of aging for close to 20 years beginning as a Facility Social Worker in long term care. Her presentation will discusses COVID-19 and Dementia, tips for caregivers at home, tips for caregivers of individuals in care facilities, what to do if a care setting has an incidence of COVID-19 and resources currently available.
EdenHill Communities’ Second Annual Alzheimer’s Symposium
October 22, 2020
9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
McKenna Events Center
801 W. San Antonio St.
New Braunfels, TX 78130
RSVP is required to attend this event. A coffee and individual lunches will be provided.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (830) 625-1327.
McKenna Events Center opens
10:00 A.M. -- 12:00 P.M.
Presentations and Q&A
12:00 P.M.–12:30 P.M.
Presentations and Q&A Continue
About EdenHill Communities
As the leader among memory care providers in Central Texas, EdenHill Communities serves as the go-to educational resource center, offering support and education to individuals with memory loss and caregivers throughout the community. Our geriatric psychiatrist-led program is designed to create engagement, connection, and meaning across our Memory Care Continuum. We connect with residents and families individually and authentically, encouraging them to participate in life-enriching activities — all to restore meaning and purpose to life.
Our Memory Care Continuum includes:
- An Alzheimer’s and dementia support group
- OURplace Memory Café — Educational gatherings in a safe, social setting for people with dementia and their loved ones
- Cozy assisted living neighborhoods with private rooms, suites with private baths, and large walk-in showers, as well as customized resident routines and engaging activities based on preferences and life experiences
- Skilled nursing rooms with shared accommodations available
- Assisted living and skilled nursing memory care that both provide:
- A vigil dementia monitoring system for enhanced safety
- A consulting geriatric psychiatrist and specialized occupational therapist services available
- Medication management
- 24-hour care from trained caregivers
- A certified nursing staff
- Neighborhood kitchens and dining areas featuring three nutritious meals per day
- Housekeeping and linen services
- Transportation for appointments and excursions